i cannot deny your love


I can't deny it. Though I might not fully realize
the depth and breadth of your love, I know
It continues on in times of silence, sorrows, and cries
of heartache that drench the pillow.

It continues when my day stretches from dark
to dark, and my night from sun to sun's last breath.
It persists when the flowers and trees mark
the season with their own browning death.

It haunts me when I dare doubt it ever was
a love that I possessed, or have deserved.
Its tenacious lingering grows in me and does
its work with groans and sighs; not a word.

I can not deny it, nor will I make effort to
bring about in my mind such inaccuracy;
That you have loved me, will and do --
in spite of all my whining fallacy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend