i've lost love

I've lost love. somewhere between the car and the house, it fell out, dropped off, evaporated, rolled into the bushes or otherwise disappeared. Like that.

I had it. I really did! I felt it, checked it often to ensure it was there. Now -- suddenly gone. I'm not sure if I should panic, mourn or just cry in a massive fit of emotional stay-at-rest inertia.

When I travel, I always pack it. When I eat, I always sip some. When I wake up, i look for it first thing. And always, till now, it's been there. always.

Someone warned me this would happen. Happen if i didn't use it. "Use it or lose it" was the chant.

That seemed too cliche to be true, too trite to be wise. I guess not.

So now what am i to do? That was pretty expensive. Hard to replace. too hard. I'm not sure i can do it. not by myself, not with help, not with a miracle. In fact, i'm not sure I have the guts to...

Wait... oh my... i feel dumb!... have you ever found your lost sunglasses on top of your head? well, funny thing.... :)

I'd better use it more

Comments

Don G. said…
Very interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend