whom do you say i am

"whom do you say i am?" it's a question I've asked before
and one You asked, though your reasons were different, I'm sure.
(because you know)

I ask my family and friends, and they all say things
like 'you're a great guy", "you're dad" or "you're the guy who sings"
(not much help.)

and of course I ask myself the same question and have to wait
for an answer that is slow to come, or, when it comes, feels a little late.
(know thyself!)

now i must ask you, because you made the very same query
"whom do you say that I am?" your answer comes: "be still, tarry...
and know that I am God."

Comments

Don G. said…
Who you are is ... "not God" ... if you get that identity right, you are better than most of us most of the time.

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend