Jan 4 2008 For the Groom

I've been thinking how it will be
to see you standing at the end of the aisle
looking for your bride,
anticipating the smile
which I'm sure will stretch your face

I've been contemplating the dance
that you'll step along with her stride
knowing you've practiced
more than I did for this wild ride
that starts out so smoothly

I wish I could tell you
that it's all just like that day
But you've seen enough
to not believe that anyway
and so perhaps you've learned.

That with the better comes the worse
with the richer comes the poorer
with sickness comes health.
and when the dark wind is at the door,
you will need a light inside.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend