why? / I know why

Note: This is a song extension, in which I've responded to the lyrics of the song. Listen and then read my application of the song lyrics.

I know why I say the words that cut so deep
I know why I make it hard to sleep
It's my own pain that drives my heart
to spew out a nasty phrase

I tell you that I love you, then I say it again
Doesn't mean my love isn't true, but then
It's hard to stop the flow, once it has a start
and a moment becomes days

My hurts have made me angry, though I call it something else
But no matter what the label, I can't deny it's in myself
Healing my heart will heal my voice
And give me a place to start

Your goodbye of sorts might make the distance grow
And though walking away makes sense to me, I know
That a louder "I love you", a stronger choice
Comes from deep within a whole heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend