geek speaks

when I'm doing what I like, when I'm in the zone
I tune everything out,
Everyone wonders where I've "gone"

Yeah, give me a good book, I prefer sci-fi
I can get lost in the mystery of a cool private eye
set me down at my computer, I'll be gone for hours
tweaking my cache performance or editing "The Two Towers"

Of course I'm a geek! Come'on, aren't we all?
We just have different passions, an irresistible call.
It draws and absorbs us, fully entwines
Inspires our spirits, challenges our minds.

How I can be single-minded about so many different things,
Call them recreation and love the chaos that it brings?
I don't know, but there's one thing that snags my attention,
There's one memory for which I have excellent retention.

It's the touch of love way down deep in my soul
The way you wrap me in it, until I give up control
And I get myself in that zone of only pleasing you
Watching just to see you smile at the things that I do

I'm a geek about your beauty, I'm a geek; that's true!
I'm a geek about your love, I'm a total geek about you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend