best first kiss: and the nominees are...

the first first kiss came when I was just four
I was totally without a clue
I was being chased by the girl next door
and the kiss? my only thought was eww

the next first kiss, a decade later
and I still didn't know what to do
when that girl with braces and multi-pierced ears
wanted to give my lip a chew

then there were all of those other firsts
that were never followed by another
and the one that was the absolute worst:
she said "it's like kissing my brother"

Then one day, it finally happened --
I held the door, she slipped in the front seat.
When I got in and started holding her hand,
There came that kiss that nothing else can beat.

Sure, the first time I saw her was momentous.
Sure, the first time we talked was quite the deal --
but the first time our lips met in that first buss
was when I first started feeling this great feeling that I feel

Yes, the best first kiss that's ever come along
is your kiss I look forward to each day.
It's your kiss that makes me sing this song;
it's your kiss that keeps blowin me away.

I haven't been the same since that very first kiss;
my friends all wonder where I've gone.
Had to rearrange my life so I don't miss
This adventure that our hearts are going on.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend