somebody (like me) needs somebody (like you)

Somebody needs somebody like you
because everybody needs somebody, it's true!
So when you look around, it shouldn't be hard to see:
the somebody
who needs
somebody like you
is somebody like me.

We've come across hundreds of folks each day,
and I'm sure that lots of them have sweet things to say.
So don't you ever stop and wonder
how in the world it could be
that out of all those somebodies,
you ended up with somebody like me?

Well there's nothing special about somebody like me.
I'm just somebody who's trying real hard to be
that loving, tender somebody whom everybody's looking for --
so somebody like you,
who needs somebody like me,
won't be lookin
for anybody anymore.

Somebody needs somebody like you,
because everybody needs somebody, it's true!
And every time I think about it,
it's very easy to see
why somebody like you...
you know, baby it's true...
why somebody like you...
is loved by somebody
like me.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend