I smiled

I smiled when I read you love me
because I knew deep down that it is true
And there's safety there
in your love and care
And that's part of what I love about you

I smiled when you said I was welcome
to recline by your side any time
It's a great place to be
It feels like just you and me
And there's no reason to get in line

I smiled when I heard you softly whisper
though I didn't catch what you said
I knew it was just for me
and that eventually
I'd get it straight in my head

I'm smiling now as I write these words down
As I imagine you're smiling back at me
Reaching toward each other
One deep hug and then another
Holding tightly and yet setting free
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend