Office Christmas Party (to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

For quite a while
I'd been thinking
Of her smile
And my heart sinking
Believing that she wouldn't go with me
To the office Christmas party

I didn't dare even ask her
But she's there, I walked past her
I'm was sure she wouldn't see
Somebody like me
at the office Christmas party

Then I saw her coming through the doorway,
walking through the crowd right toward me
I stood there frozen thinkin "no way!"
There must be someone else that she sees!

But then she yelled, "Hey there mister!"
And I could tell, she knew I'd missed her
She smiled right at me
So everyone could see
us at the office Christmas party

Why me? I still don't know
But she led me to the mistletoe
And on our way out,
She gave a goodbye shout
To the people at the Christmas party

We didn't exactly go for a sleigh ride
We walked in the snow for a long time
I know I had a smile that I couldn't hide
She said yes when I asked her to be mine

We walk back in, I'm holding her hand
It is better than what I planned
Now we'll make love clear
to everyone here
at the office Christmas party
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend