take me

When I wake up to the morning din
and feel the pillow's sag beneath my head,
The twist of the blanket around my ankles,
The warm spot left by the restless dog now outside.
I hear the whispering whistle of water rushing
Through pipes growing hotter
The raspy scrape of snow shovels
and the beating of my heart.
Take me.


I'll keep my eyes closed to the dim lit world
and I will linger with you.
Fill my day as well as my night,
Be with me at waking and in sleep.
Keep me warm from the chill
with your love and kindness;
Invite me always toward you;
Take my hand.

I want to greet each morning with you,
wake to find you at night,
talk to you every day, not from afar,
but at each meal, each chore, each job,
each dog walk, each song, each dance,
each book, each idea.
Take me.

I'm yours.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend