that's the ticket


they've got me workin too hard and so far from home
and all the days are starting to fade
and I'm tired of trying to sleep all alone
for this little bit I'm gettin paid


there's no reason for me to be sitting still
when you're there and I'm all the way over here
gonna grab my boots and hat and I think I will
take the first plane outa here

yeah that's the ticket, that's the one
that's the one that takes me home
if I go now, I won't be late
I won't spend tomorrow alone
When I want to give up; it gets a little rough --
I need a place where I can be sure
That I'll be alright, that no matter how tough
My day will end with a love like yours

cos that's the ticket, that's the one
that's the love that takes me home
If I go now, I won't be late
I won't spend tomorrow alone
You're there for me, when I'm far or near
I feel it in everything you say
And I'm working hard to be with you there
I'm workin on it every day

cos you're the ticket, you're the one
you're loving welcome makes me a home
when I get there, I won't be late
And my tomorrows won't be alone
yes, that's the ticket
that's the way
you're the ticket
i've gotta say
you're the one
you're my ticket home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend