if time could tell

it's been a long while
since I saw you smile
that very first time

days and months have gone
since I came upon
the first right song
And if time could tell all the feelings
if time could recite every line
then in time you'd find me asking please
for time to hold you one more time
it was the way
that you came
to me that day

told me why
i shouldn't try
just let it die
but if time could tell all the feelings
if time could recite every line
then in time you'd find me on my knees
asking for time to hold you next to me

but time can't tell you how I've loved you
any more than I already have
time can't tell you how you've made me
turned me into a better man
and time won't ever tell the story
of my heart's journey toward you
but time will tell
only time will tell
if you'll stay with me
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend