it's just me

it's just me, hanging around
hoping to take care of you

I can see, why it knocks you down
when I say the things I do

No surprises here, I'm predictable as rain
The ugly side of me is coming through again

I can say, "I'm sorry",
but all that does is ease my pain
I can say "I was selfish"
and I was, but that's not all I should be sayin

I should telling you
that I messed it up bad
I should asking too,
What you need and that

There's nothing I would rather do
Than to simply take care of you
Bring a hot cup, warm you up
Celebrate the great things, mourn the sad
Hold you and never stop, never look back

But it's just me, hangin around
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend