let me count the whys #2

the poet got famous by counting
all the ways her love would grow
expand and deepen

but for all her enumeration
she never answered why
she had such adoration

but I have another conundrum,
for I have a list of my own
a list with hundreds of reasons

all the reasons why I love thee
I won't even touch on the how
and I will leave the sum unknown

I love you for the freedom you bring
and for the love you've given

I love you for insisting I be me
and still graciously loving

I love you for the insights
that you tenderly share

I love you for your patience
waiting softly for me

I love you for your beauty
that is unsurpassed

I love you for the smile
of your eyes upon me

I love you for your love
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend