hope & longing

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
and my heart is fainting now
Feeling that the time may never come
for what I want to come around

I don't think it's so unusual
for me to want these things
To fill my life with the grace
of words spoken so sweet

To be convinced with a smiling clutch
To be cheered on with a kiss
To be challenged to go for the best
By the charms of true genius

So I'm tilling my heart here
I"ve planted all the seeds
Praying for the desires of my heart
watching for the life-giving tree

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.”
–Proverbs 13:12
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend