what I bring to the table

been working hard all these years, helping the man succeed
the boss calls me in for my review, gonna tell me what he thinks of me
We'll talk about contribution, negotiate my salary
and see if what I bring to the table is still what he needs
what i bring to the table is smarts, savvy and sweat
I've been bringing it every day, but you ain't noticed yet,
so pay me what I'm worth, I think it's only fair
cos what I bring to the table, you can't find just anywhere
been sippin a short one in a tall glass in the pub
over in the corner, another game is startin up
gonna pull up a chair to the table, try my hand
we'll all find out if I'm a winnin kind of man
cos what i bring to the table is smarts, savvy and luck
watch how the river turns, you'll fold and give it up
i'm on a real hot streak, i know it doesn't seem fair
but what I bring to the table, you can't find just anywhere

now i need to figure out the hardest thing - how to win at love
i've tried a few different times, but maybe not real enough
i'm starting to feel like reruns on late night tv
maybe what I bring to the table just oughta be me
what i can bring to the table is crazy, sweet love
I'll try to bring it every day, and pray it's enough
you'll love lovin me girl, if you'll take the dare
cos what I bring to the table, you can't find just anywhere


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend