April 1 Blues #283

She told me once
She told me twice
I'd have listened
if I was half as nice
as I was trying to be cool
Now she's told me goodbye
cos I've been playing the fool

After a great dinner
Talkin on the couch
Didn't have the answer
I was thinking about
why was I trying to be cool
Now she's told me goodbye
and I'm still playing the fool
fools have no gold,
fools have no diamonds,
fools play their roles
on rickety ladders climbing
reaching for the things
deliberately out of reach

if fools would only listen
they wouldn't be such fools
but we're not in that position
as a general rule

every year 'bout this time
I think I'll remember
how foolishness reigns
from January to December
there is a simple answer
there is a moment in time
for a fool to get smart
with renewed soul and mind
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend