Back in the day

Back in the day, when we were young,
We spent all our time chasing fun
Didn't worry 'bout how things got done
Or the world around us

And every night after our chores
We'd pull the shades, shut the doors
Travel to where our imaginations would go
And our books would take us

We learned about love in a naive way
Not realizing that it was more than a saying
Till the ups of the joys, downs of the pain
began to school us

But here and now we are,
Perhaps a little bit wiser,
But less ready to go beyond ourselves
and venture out to risk heaven and hell

If I could be back in that day
with what I know now
I'd see things a different way
And I would figure out how
To better love, work and play

If I could be back in the day
of youth and innocence
I'd dive right in the way
of things of consequence

Cut 'cross the corn fields
To go looking for you
Try real heard to see
If you'd love me too
Back in the day

Before things can't be undone
before things turn out this way
When we would fall in love
back in the day
Back in the day
When we were young
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend