grasping my own hands

draggin my toes through the cool wet sand
listen to the pounding waves
wondering what it takes to be the man
that makes you feel sure and safe sandcastles built to last for a day
shells buried out of sight
love shouldn't turn out that way
but it does, without a fight

I can't get away with blaming God
for less than smart designs
When choices aren't what they ought
From the beginning of my time

Big savings with no cash value
Only one way to redeem
And living this without you
Can be better than it seems

I'll learn love's demands
and to act without thinking twice
I'll learn love's commands
And in the end be wiser

And I'll sit in the cool wet sand
Listen to the pounding waves
Grasping only my own hands
For the rest of my days
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
sad....

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend