Hey rich girl

Hey rich girl, at the end of the lane
Can a boy like me catch your eye?
I parked my old truck down a ways
You can't fault me for trying

Will you call off the big black dog?
Turn off the security?
Take my hand and go for a walk
In the shade, will you go with me?

A fine girl like you,
A common boy like me,
Can fall in love too,
The idea's not so crazy

Hey there rich girl, in the window bay
Watching me as I walk slowly by
Thinking of all the things I would say
If I thought I could catch your eye.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sounds a little bit like an autobiographical piece -- did the poor boy get the rich girl? or did she get away?

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend