captivity

on the road to babylon, forging my own chains
look back to the city walls, see nothing remains
into the furnaces I know we will go
in the fire, your strength will be known

there's no watchman on the walls, no elders at the gate
the weak and wounded linger out in the street
while the bound warrior is taken away
and their families sit in ash and pray

it's a long road out of captivity,
where no songs are sung
it's a trail of tears for the years
of things that can't be undone
but a word surely spoken
says that one day I'll return
and that's what I hope in
so let me live, love and learn
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
so sad.....

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend