fishing by the black creek bridge

we went up to the headwaters where the water is pure
went to find the beginnings and we were sure
we'd found it there past the mountain ridge
when we went fishing by the black creek bridge

icy cold water spring and snowfall fed
aching in my feet, tingling in my head
our footing unsure, I see you're slipping too
and if you fall, what I'm catching will be you

looking great in the waders, riding chest high
mountain birds swooping down from the sky
there are answers we can never know
till we take the bait, drop a line from the pole

so let's go up to the headwaters where the water is pure
let's find the beginnings and then we'll be sure
we'll find it there past the mountain's ridge
let's go fishing by the black creek bridge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend