irresistible

from the very start, i felt the pull --
something in your words sounded so good
shot through me like lightning
knocked me off my feet
seemed like the right thing
made the unfinished complete
why would i leave you?
why would i resist the irresistible
 
words that are sweeter than honey or wine
a light in your eyes, nothing short of divine
definitely classy even in a mess
and when you ask me
i get things off my chest
why would I even try?
try to resist...the irresistible
It's in your eyes when you sit across the table
When i hold your hand, you try but you're not able
I saw you stretch to try to get comfortable
why would you resist -- the irresistible?

i'm gonna tell the truth, ain't gonna lie
gonna turn on the fan, let the chips fly
it's hard, but not as hard as it can get
gonna live rightly seek His ultimate yes
why would I even try? try to resist... the irresistible?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend