strong arm in the wind

Daddy always said I'd get what was coming to me some day
Grandpa said grass seeds had a way of making hay
And I've dodged more bullets than that Matrix guy Neo
And soon I'm gonna have to pay


What goes around comes right back around, I heard my momma say
If you go around digging pits, you're gonna fall in some day
now I'm looking out of a pretty deep hole
feels like I might be here to stay

but there's this strong arm of love
reaching out to rescue me
it's stretching to lift me up
and set me straight on my feet
all this distance makes me homeless in my own house,
like a drifter camped at the edge of the town
i've been breaking camp, and building fences
with the words I've chosen to say

all these things i've done have left me just the wind
like a deadly hurricane waiting to suck me in;
going to stop living in future and past tenses
shout above the raging din and pray
to finally see this strong arm of love
reaching out to rescue me
it's stretching to lift me up
and set me straight on my feet
going to lean on this strong arm of love
let it open doors, set me free
i'm walking through them, not giving up
not going to accept defeat
because this strong arm of love
is rescuing me
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend