up in the air

Made sure my bag weighed in less than 50
Have all my liquids in a zip-lock bag
But I didn't prepare for the way you kissed me
Or the fact that it would be the last kiss we'll have

every time I walk down the jetway
and look for some empty baggage space
I wonder why love turned out this way
And I feel the tears upon our faces


I am up in the air
wanting to land again soon
feeling life isnt fair
to tear me away from you
I am up in the air
flying away from dreams that dont come true

when we were young everything seemed certain
we had an idea how our lives would go
but before the end of the act they called the curtain
at the sound of hearts dying slowly

now I'm up in the air
not sure how to land again soon
i know life isn't fair
to tear me away from you
I';m uo in the air
flyin away from dreams that cant come true
its the right thing to do
i know you understand
someday we'll find another place to land
but now, i'm up in the air

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend