words

it doesn't seem to matter what I say
everything gets interpreted the wrong way
wait a minute - those words were mine

they're coming from way deep inside
sometimes they reveal what I meant to hide
wait a minute - those words are mine
they slice, they dice
make you feel nice
sometimes have to be said twice
they're full of praise and a curse
laced with anger and sometimes worse
I want them to be a gracious fare
change my heart, cos they come from there
wait a minute - and these words will be mine
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
Some of us don't interpret anything. We take everything at face value.
Anonymous said…
I really like this "blurb"... seems like a blurb, the way it's spontaneously reacting and then recognizing the honesty in the reaction... the unintended honesty. I know what it is to look at my words and to carefully craft them so they can, in themselves, be harmless, but my spirit is not pure, free, loving, and that is sooo much stronger than the words... When there is love, the words can be careless, crass, even correcting, but they are light as a feather, incapable of anything but tickling... :)

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend