you're the joy in my mornings

when I go to bed
after a long day
I try to clear my head
and there's so much to say
but you're always here to listen

if I wake up
in the middle of the night
feeling rough
turning on the light
wash the cares away
with a song you've given

and as the sun breaks through
that slit in the curtain
i can count on you
your love is certain
and what i go through
is helping me learn

you're the joy that comes in the morning
after a restless night
you're the feeling of being reborn
after I've given up trying
you're the reason I can keep holding on
to the hope that keeps dying
you're the joy that comes in my mornings

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend