I believe

I used to believe in angels
Used to think the world was flat
Thought sea horses came in a bottle
That my treasure was in Cracker Jacks

Used to believe in politics
Used to feel sad about Santa Claus
Thought the best thing was thinkin
That this world woudl be all there was

I used to believe in mankind
Guessed that it would all end soon
Thought love would be hard to find
Wondered if we'd really gone to the moon

Then I discovered I knew nothing
That my house was built on wind
That I was lost without the loving
Hand of a forgiving friend
Now I believe
Yes I believe
I found one thing to be true
I believe
Truly believe
I found love when I found you
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend