I like us

I like the way you look at me
when I'm about to go to sleep
I like the sweet things you say,
and the memories of us you keep

I like the way you take things in stride;
the way you quickly end the fuss
Like always being on your mind
But darlin, most of all, I like us
The way we've fit together
The way we remember the best
I like the way your hair looks
when it's totally drippin wet
Like sittin and sipping coffee
When we stir up the omelets

I like the wonder of finding out
all you're holding inside
Like learning new things from you
as you school me in hows and whys
The way we've fit together
the way we push on for the best
I like the way you touch my face
the way you let me hold your hand
I like the strength I seem to get
when you help me understand

The way we've fit together
the way we're going for the best
but most of all
beyond it all
I like us

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend