slow steady road

there's a slow steady road to travel
a path that doesn't turn left or right
but as the road goes up and down
my shoes fill with gravel
but everything will turn out alright

I've been walkin here since the beginning
I may be walking it long past the end
with every shaky step I take
another day I'm winning
and hearing the prayers of my friends

on each side, the trees spread out broadly
giving shade just when I need it most
the heat of the midday sun
is hell but not ungodly
burning away all but the ghost

walk with me here if you think you're able
hold my sweaty palm there in yours
we may both stumble and fall
as we learn how to say no
to all but the choicest of futures
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend