zoo lights

There's a chill in the air --
Christmas songs everywhere,
And everyone is feeling alright

Come along with me;
Go see some monkeys
At the zoo, made of Christmas lights

We'll sip some chocolate
About as hot as it can get
And we'll try not to burn our tongues

I'm sure we can't fool
Leroy, a horse so cool:
gonna cuddle on the wagon

Hand in hand we'll walk
Hear the crazy giraffe talk
Though he doesn't make much sense

See the zebra's stripes
Under glittering lights
Munching there beyond the fence

It's a grand sight
Look at those zoo lights
Not something I want to miss

What a fine night
It will turn out alright
When we wrap it up in a kiss
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
This brought back sweet memories of when we used to take the girls to see Zoo Lights every December. Then on the way home, we would see all the decorated houses while munching goodies I had packed in the car. Thanks for helping me remember those special times.

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend