crimson

Gonna stop and pause a minute
Gonna shut everything down
Gonna find out if there's anything left
When there aren't any outside sounds

Gonna stop this comfort-talking
Run out of things to say
Gonna keep all my thoughts in
Listen to the ants at play

I'm going to
Find out how the rest of me is
Sit, hear and listen to see
It's not
Something I can afford to miss
I'm gonna listen to the inside me

Gonna contemplate goodness
Things of honor, hope and love
Gonna soak in all of this
Work in me you have begun

I'll tie my heart and head together
With the crimson line you drew
I'll be still and know better
I'm me, and you are you

I'm going to
Find out how the rest of me is
Sit hear and listen to see
It's not
Something I can afford to miss
I'm gonna listen to you inside me
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
and in the quiet, a light shall dawn....peace will come :)

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend