the call

Phone rings louder every time
Ring tone is set to ascend
But it doesn't matter
The phone that is ringing isn't mine
And if I wait long enough it will end

I never got the call
Never heard the reasons why
Never tapped on the shoulder or invited in
Not sure how I missed it
What I was doing when it came
That left me here waiting, long after it begins

Don't have a simple story
Of a stump in the cotton field
No prophet came by
No ceremony or anointing with holy oil
No sword from the lake to wield

Still waiting for the call
Still have the reasons why
Throwing out my shoulder for an invitation
I'm sure I'll remember
What I was doing when it came
And why I'm here in abject contemplation
Life Here & NowThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend