get away with it

wasn't that long ago
just yesterday or the day before
that everything seemed
like it would go on and on

you hadn't closed the door
hadn't told me that I had to go
and I never dreamed
that things would go so wrong
but it all fell apart, didn't it?
it all  came undone
and now I can't get away with it
can't get away with your love
happy endings are rare
no matter what the movies say
and they're not what we want
but it's exactly what we choose

new beginnings tear
and there's always a price to pay
what was all is soon all gone
and that's the hardest thing to lose
and it all fell apart, didn't it?
it all came undone
and now I can't get away with it
can't get away with your love
Life Here & NowThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend