out of me

Maybe it was just too long coming
Maybe I was already outcast, unclean
Maybe you knew
That I was through
And that's why you reached for me

Didn't think grace would find me,
Didn't know how persistent love can be,
Didn't understand
What kind of man
I was really made to be

Then you caught up with my running
Then you got a hold on me
Then you saw inside
What I couldn't hide
And you handed me a key
But all that's different now
I'll find out what love allows for
Everything is inside out
And now I see

It was just my limitations
That put me through these gyrations
Now those incantations
Are out of me
You loved them out of me

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is really beautiful!
Anonymous said…
not only is this beautiful..but the cadence is excellent. One of your best!

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend