permission

I was sitting at the table
Sipping at my coffee
Nibbling at my bagel
Thinking too many things
Here in my head
Imagination fueled
by the things you said

Wondered if you meant
To say the things you implied
And then my heart went
Places it was not invited
Too late now
For a simple reprimand
No time to figure
How to understand

But it's clear to me
I have no doubts
That it's what I put in
That makes what I get out
Providential permissions
Have turned over to me
Most of this labor
and the responsibility

Thought I heard you say it
Though your lips never moved
But in your eyes you displayed
A variety of moods
Now I'm taking action
once contemplated but undone
My heart and all its factions
are making one more run

Providential permissions
Have turned over to me
Most of this labor
and the responsibility

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States LicenseAn

Comments

bill said…
Hold the promise bright and sure
Keep your heart pure as the shovel turns the earth
Elements will have their say
Grace, hope and pain tended faithfully: Lyrics/B. Mallonee "Willingly"

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend