so far

I would go that far
to give you what you need
Will you come as far
As the Palo Verde tree?

I would go so far
as to say what you should hear
Will that be far enough
To drive out the unspoken fear?

Won't weave you into a past
That needs to be left behind
Let's make tomorrow last
long enough to enjoy the find
And as we're going past
we'll keep an eye on the signs
And I'm just trying to 
Live in this now, be in here

So far is how far we've come
So far
So far we're not close to being done
So far
It's a long way down the road,
 So far
So far, it's good

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

D. Henley said…
I believe in second chances
I believe in angels, too
I believe in new romances
Baby, I believe in you: Eagles...No More Cloudy Days - Long Road Out of Eden

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend