I'm walkin

We met at the Starbucks on the corner--
She sat there with her laptop, pen and papers.
After a few weeks I had the guts to ask her
If I could re-fill her cup,
She smiled and said "sure enough"

That was the start of what came after--
Not much work gettin done but lots of laughter
And though some of my jokes bordered on disaster,
I tried every wit and charm;
She smiled and touched my arm.

We talked about things we each were plannin --
Imagined what it would be like if I would move in.
Shared some dreams and a common understandin
But I guess I moved too slow
And well, wouldn't you know

Now she says
"Hey I know it's complicated
I know some things are hard
But you're not ready for me yet,
No, you just haven't come that far
It was charming for a while;
For a time it made me smile...
But if all there is is just more talkin...
Then, baby, I'm walkin


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend