Where Grace Always Shows

I've got the mountains here around me
Like sentries about the sand
Guarding everything I can see
Across these lush desert lands

Not letting me ever forget you
Like stones stacked in the river bed
And no matter what this all comes down to
I know these rocks will live long after I'm dead

But it's one thing to stand in the mountains
And look at the valley below
It's another to be down there on tangled roads
And not know where to go

But from where I'm standing right now
I get a hint of what the mountain knows
About living down below the clouds
Where grace always shows

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bottom line

for my card-carrying friend